Bring tranquility into a busy world.
Considered a high art form and a precursor to perfume, incense has been an integral part of daily life and ceremony in many cultures.
Hana means "flower blossom" and koh means "incense." KODO Collection makes each incense cone by hand-grinding locally grown and ethically sourced plant materials. They shape this aromatic paste into cones to resemble mountain tops.
Set includes the following in a wood gift box with lid:
- 8 incense cones
- 8 charcoal tablets
- bag of white ash
- black tweezers
- ceramic dish with speckle glaze
When to use: Koh can help during meditation. In the morning, koh can boost mental clarity and creativity. In the evening, koh can promote relaxation and feelings of calm.
Instructions for Use:
- Pour the white ash into the ceramic dish
- Holding a charcoal tablet with the tweezers, hold the charcoal tablet over a flame to ignite it
- Place the smoldering tablet on the white ash. Once the tablet looks ashy, it's time to add the incense
- Holding an incense cone (tip down) with the tweezers, light the tip of the cone
- After it is well lit, blow out the flame and place the cone (round base down) on the smoldering charcoal tablet
Caution: Never leave burning incense unattended. Always burn incense in a well-ventilated area. Keep out of reach and away from children and pets. Always burn incense on a non-flammable dish and keep away from drafts and flammable materials. Before composting the ash, be sure to add water to your leftover incense to ensure that your incense is no longer burning. Avoid use if you are asthmatic or have any respiratory difficulties.
Ingredients: Rose petals, sandalwood, myrrh, makko (incense powder, used as a base and binder), aloeswood, benzoin, and patchouli.
Free of synthetic preservatives and fragrances.
Blended in small batches. Enjoy within 12 months.
Packet contains 8 cones. Each cone will burn for approximately 25 minutes.
About the maker: KODO Collection strives to craft products that enhance your daily rituals. Nature creates marvelous scents and within each plant aroma lies powerful properties that can benefit your mind, body, and spirit.
KODO Collection, founded by botanical perfumer and skincare formulator Reyna Goshinmon, operates in Victoria, B.C., a vibrant city known for its lush gardens and beautiful seascapes.